Monday, 23 April 2012

Martial Arts Monday: The Dragon From Shaolin (1978)


A standard revenge storyline has somehow been derived from the footage for The Dragon From Shaolin, set during the Ming Dynasty era. This is one whole film I think, and a very colourful one at that.

The dubbing is suitably comical, complete with Cockney tax collectors and shouting villains, and sound effects are keyboard generated.

It’s quite a fun film with over the top action sequences right from the start, with some weaponry that I haven’t seen before like spinning blade things that fly across the room.

My DVD was blighted by sound synchronisation problems which ruined it for me.



I will need to do some more research and cross referencing but I cannot seem to find a year for this film, mainly because I cannot find a listing under this title with the same plot on IMDb.

UPDATE: The IMDb community have informed me that this film was originally released in 1978. Possibly the film is listed as "Eagle Silver Fox" but this has yet to be confirmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment