Monday, 5 March 2012

Martial Arts Monday: The Ninja Squad (1986)

I have unintentionally managed to collect a few martial arts films together but so far have only watched Master With Cracked Fingers. As such I have decided to start a new, alliteratively titled feature called Martial Arts Monday. I think the name speaks for itself really, so onto the first film.




The plot for this is difficult to follow until you realise that there is one original film with additional footage spliced in later. Not an uncommon practice back in the day it seems.

God knows when the original material was filmed but my guess is sometime in the late 1970s. This film would work perfectly well without the 1986 footage in my opinion.

Unintentionally funny due in part to the atrocious dubbing, and moments of on screen inactivity set to music with breakneck bpm’s. I laughed out loud a few times.

Poor generally, but a lot of fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment