Tuesday, 14 February 2012

St Valentine's Day

Usually movie review sites will make some kind of fuss about February 14th being a celebration of all things to do with love and romance and will trot out a review of one or more "romantic" films to mark the occasion. I decided to review crime thriller DeadFall.

There are probably four main reasons why I haven't followed suit and gone down the "luvvie" route.

  1. I don't like romantic films, so
  2. I don't own any romantic films on DVD.
  3. All romantic comedies are hyped so much that they will never really be obscure.
  4. I don't particularly subscribe to the Valentine's Day notion.
There are possibly more reasons but I can't think of them right now.

You can probably rest assured that this site will almost certainly never review a romantic comedy film, unless I happen to stumble across one in one of my box sets of films I've never heard of. If I do I can only apologise in advance.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading this statement, perhaps there might be room here for a bit of insight into why you watch the movies you watch? I'm frankly amazed you even manage to find this many movies I've never heard of. And to boot you actually watch them!

    ReplyDelete