Saturday, 11 February 2012

The Dungeon Of Harrow (1962)


Two men are shipwrecked on an island inhabited by an insane Count who keeps his leper wife in his castle’s dungeon, along with his staff. The Captain of the ship if captured by the Count and tortured while the other man tries to escape.

Very slow paced with dialogue drearily delivered by characters who appear apathetic to the situation they find themselves in. Even the insane Count (I usually find insanity fascinating on film) is a tiresome man.

All the inherently “bad” characters die and the main protagonist gets the girl.

Not an awful film, just a predictably boring one.




This is also the end of disc 1 of Pure Terror. I will move on to disc 2 soon. This will show me the delights of; The Werewolf Of Washington (1973), They Saved Hitler's Brain (1963), The Thirsty Dead (1974) and The Amazing Transparent Man (1960). I have seen the last of these films before on satellite television.

I must say I am looking forward to these.

No comments:

Post a Comment