Sunday, 19 February 2012

The Amazing Transparent Man (1960)


I have seen this one before on the mostly bad satellite channel Showcase. They didn’t put adverts into it which is good for a commercial channel I suppose, although there wouldn’t be much need as the film is less than an hour long anyway.

Due to its short duration the film rockets along but doesn’t feel like it’s leaving the audience behind. The titular man becomes transparent about half way through but the first half doesn’t lumber on.

There are a few things which don’t make much sense but this is a 60s sci-fi thriller so that is standard practice.




This also signifies the end of disc 2 of Pure Terror. Disc 3 is coming soon to my DVD player and as such the following films will be reviewed here at Century Of Obscurity soon;
Hands Of Steel (1986)
The Manster (1962)
Blood Sabbath (1972)
The Devil's Nightmare (1971)

I hope you are looking forward to these, I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment